12 Oct Buckeyes Host No. 19 Purdue on Thursday Night – Ohio State Buckeyes
Ohio State vs. #19 Purdue
Date: October 14, 2021
Time: 7 p.m.
Venue: Columbus, Ohio – Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium
Live Stats: OhioStateBuckeyes.com
Game Notes: Ohio State | Purdue
Rosters: Ohio State | Purdue
Season Stats: Ohio State | Purdue
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State will host its final two regular season home matches this week and the first of which comes Thursday evening when the Buckeyes welcome No. 19 Purdue to Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. The Buckeyes are 2-3-1 and in eighth place in the Big Ten table while the Boilermakers are second at 5-1-0. First touch is set for 7 p.m. and the match will be streamed on B1G+.
Admission and parking are free for all women’s soccer matches.
- The Buckeyes lead the all-time series with Purdue 14-11-3 and has not lost to the Boilermakers in the last five meetings dating back to 2015. The teams have tied each of the last two matches and the Buckeyes won the previous three.
- The teams met last spring in West Lafayette and Kayla Fischer’s goal in the 81st minute tied the match and it finished in a 1-1 draw.
- Ohio State is coming off a tough 1-0 setback at Michigan State last Sunday. The teams played scoreless for more than 80 minutes until the Spartans found the net in the 83rd minute. The Buckeyes had a penalty kick with just over three minutes to play but it was saved off the line.
- The Buckeyes are 7-6-1 overall on the season and 2-3-1 in the conference. That has them in eighth place with four matches to play. Only the top eight teams at the end of the season qualify for the Big Ten Tournament.
- Purdue enters Thursday’s match at 10-2-2 on the year and is in second in the conference table at 5-1-0. The Boilermakers are second in the conference in total points and is third in the league at 2.00 goals per match. Sarah Griffith is the Big Ten’s leading goal scorer with 11.
- Despite the shutout last Sunday, the Buckeyes are still the third-best offense in the conference with 74 total points. The Buckeyes are also second in total assists.
- Captain Izzy Rodriguez was named to the MAC Hermann Award Watch list at the start of the season and was also named a candidate for the Senior CLASS Award. She has a pair of goals and an assist on the year.
- Senior Kayla Fischer leads the Buckeyes in points this season with 16 as she has five goals and a team-high tying six assists. She is sixth in the conference in points and third in the conference in assists.
- Kine Flotre is tied with Fischer with six assists on the year.
- Emma Sears has five goals this year. Three of those five goals have been game-winners which second-most in the conference.
- Freshman forward Kailyn Dudukovich has registered points in four of the last six matches and now leads the team with six goals on the season. Those six goals are the most by any Big Ten freshman this year.
Credit: Source link