13 Oct Women’s Cross Country is Set to Race at the Princeton Invite
PHILADELPHIA- The Temple women’s cross country team travels to Princeton, N.J. this Saturday, Oct. 16 for the Princeton Invite. The race will be held at West Windsor Fields and will see the women’s 6k race start at 10:30 a.m.
From Head Coach James Snyder
- “The women have been training really well together over the past few weeks and we’ve got nearly our full team back together and 100% healthy. Since mid-September, it’s been our goal to just get better both individually and as a team every week. That progress has been evident in training, and I’ll be excited to see it translate into racing this weekend.”
Last Time Out
- As a team, the Owls finished in 23rd place out of the 37 teams that competed at the Paul Short Invitational.
- Temple saw two runners finish in the top-100 with Michelle Joyce finishing in 32nd and Helene Gottlieb finishing 83rd.
- Freshman runner Lea Keribirou remained out due to injury.
About the Princeton Invite
- The first 100 children in attendance at the Princeton Invitational on Saturday will receive a free Princeton cape from the Princeton Kids Club
- The 8,000-meter course begins on the soccer fields located just over the Washington Road Bridge. It winds through soybean fields toward Route 1, and loops back around to the soccer fields.
Credit: Source link