02 Nov Women’s Soccer advances past Skidmore, 2-0, in Liberty League quarters
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – RIT junior forward Madison Corso and graduate student back Morgan Monteith each scored a goal to lead the Tigers past visiting Skidmore, 2-0, in the quarterfinals of the Liberty League Women’s Soccer Tournament, Tuesday.
Fourth-seeded RIT advances to play top-seeded William Smith on Saturday (Nov. 6) at 11:00 a.m. in Geneva, N.Y. The Liberty League Championship match is scheduled for Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Corso put RIT on the board in the 29th minute after scoring in front of a crowded goal off a touch by freshman midfielder Olivia Harris.
- The Tigers took a two-goal lead in the 54th minute after sophomore midfielder Jessica Gomez settled a corner kick in the box down to Monteith for a short finish inside the right post.
- Tiger junior goalie Darcie Jones collected four saves to preserve her fourth shutout of the season.
- Corso and Monteith each notched their first collegiate goal.
- RIT finished with a 13-12 shot advantage.
- Harris’ assist was her third of the season and first since the Tigers’ 2-0 regular-season win over visiting Skidmore (Oct. 16).
- Gomez’ assist was her second of the season and first since RIT’s 2-2 draw at Vassar (Sept. 25).
Credit: Source link